We appreciate your interest in Sebago. We welcome all those interested in kayaking, canoeing and sailing, from novice to expert, as well as those interested in rowing and racing. We are a recreational co-op and expect all members to contribute 15 hours of volunteer work to support club activities and maintain our grounds and equipment.
We offer group paddles as well as coaching to all our members. Membership entitles you to use of all club equipment (pending certification with sailboats*) when participating in a club sanctioned group activity. For those who own a boat and who are active members in good standing, boat storage is available as space allows.
Our kayak paddles and classes are not appropriate for children under 16; a parent must accompany all minors.
Our website offers much information about our club. We suggest you check our calendar for the range of club activities. You may also want to check the kayaking, sailing (be sure to review the sailing page if you are particularly interested in sailing), canoeing, rowing and racing sections of our website and contact the chairs of those committees.
You are welcome to come to the Sebago Canoe Club any Saturday or Sunday from Memorial Day through Labor Day between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. to take a tour of the facilities. There is always an “officer of the day” on site to show you the grounds and answer questions.
Join us on Saturdays at 9:30 a.m. for one of our Open Paddles between Memorial Day and Labor Day.
Review the membership details and fees below.
1. To join, prospective members must come to Sebago Canoe Club to sign up. Please review the membership information below.
Contact Barb at firstname.lastname@example.org for available sign-up times.
|Membership Type||Dues||Boat Storage|
|Family||$300.00||Fee Schedule: see below in Section 5|
|Individual, 18 and over||$225.00|
The calendar year at Sebago runs from 10/1 to 9/31. Annual membership renewals are sent by 10/15 of each year.
Sebago Canoe Club is a Paddle America Club (PAC) member of the American Canoe Association (ACA). All members are strongly encourage to support the ACA. If you choose membership type PAC and select Sebago, you will be eligible for discounted rates: $30 for individuals; $40.00 for families and $25.00 for seniors and students. The ACA has a long history of advocating for human-powered boating.
Sebago Canoe Club maintains a cabin on the ACA grounds at Lake Sebago in Harriman State Park. If you wish to use the Sebago cabin, you MUST have a current ACA membership.
To join the ACA, go to www.americancanoe.org
2. Upon joining Sebago, members are granted Conditional status with limited privileges for a probationary period of at least a year.
3. Sebago Canoe Club is an all-volunteer club and members are required to contribute a minimum of 15 work-hours annually. To assist members in finding eligible tasks, there is a work list posted at the Brooklyn clubhouse, jobs are announced on the club list serve, or a member may contact the Vice Commodore for onsite or remote assignments. To receive credit for volunteer hours, all tasks must be logged in the work sheet at the clubhouse.
Members who fail to meet the above work-hour requirements will be assessed additional fees upon renewal as follows: More than 7.5 hours completed but less than 15 hours: $75.00 Less than 7.5 hours: $150.00
The Club Board of Directors may grant work-hour exemptions for such reasons as health, age or distance.
4. All members agree to read and to comply with club Operating and Safety Rules and the information outlined in the Membership Kit when they join the club. These two documents must be read BEFORE participating in any club activities.
5. Boat storage for kayaks, canoes, rowing shells and sailboats is available (based on space availability and boat approval by the Vice Commodore and/or the appropriate Committee Chair) for an additional fee. Contact email@example.com
|INSIDE STORAGE:||OUTSIDE STORAGE:|
|1 boat: $90||1 boat: $60|
|2 boats: $210||2 boats: $135|
|3 boats: $360||3 boats: $225|
Join the SCC Members Only google email list – firstname.lastname@example.org:
For additional questions, submit an inquiry through our contact form:
*If you are interested in the Sailing activity at Sebago, take a look at the sailing page of our website to get an idea of the scope of our program and the scheduled activities. We like to meet and interview any potential sailing member – schedule a time for you to come down to see the club, tour the facilities, speak to a sailing representative and see if our program is right for you BEFORE YOU JOIN the club. Contact email@example.com for questions and to schedule a tour.