American Canoe Association Camp (SB-2)
Sebago Canoe Club (SCC) members who are also members of the American Canoe Association (ACA) have access to the ACA’s Camp SB2 private camp on the shores of Lake Sebago in Harriman State Park.
The camp’s season typically extends from May 1st through October 15th.
You must be an ACA member to use the camp. Annual individual membership fee is $40 for anyone 18 and older. Anyone younger that 18 years of age does not need to join the ACA.
Visit aca-atlanticdivision.com for the latest information about Lake Sebago and to join the ACA.
Directions to the Camp Entrance can be found here.
Beth Bloedow, Camp Director, is a ready source of information and assistance for members and guests. Her cabin is C-525 and is located near the pavilion.
Upon arriving at the ACA camp all persons are required to:
- Sign in at the kiosk in the main parking lot.
- PAY a $10 ACA member daily use fee for each calendar day that you are at the camp. Guest fee is $20. This fee is to be put in an envelop at the sign-in kiosk or submitted to the Camp Director , Beth Bloedow via PayPal or cash.
- A season pass is available, which you can find by clicking here
Please note that NO PETS of any kind are allowed in the ACA camp. For a complete listing of camp rules click here.
With both an ACA and SCC membership you can obtain keys to the camp entry gate and access code to the cabin 517 door.
- To obtain a key for the entry gate contact Beth Bloedow, Camp Director at email@example.com and let her know when you plan on visiting.
- You can also visit the Beth at cabin 525, at the top of the hill.
- To obtain access to the SCC cabin 517 contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Sebago Canoe Club Cabin (C-517)
- All over night visitors to our cabin must provide proof of vaccination.
- This requirement applies to all Club members including their family or guests over the age of five.
- Members and guests are instructed to refrain from coming to the camp if they feel unwell or have any symptoms of illness.
Cabin & Equipment Use:
The SCC does not charge any fees for day use of the cabin.
All members must sign the Sebago Member “DAILY CABIN USE BOOK” located inside the cabin:
- Note your arrival and departure dates.
- You must list each calendar date for which you were there.
- All use of equipment and boats must be documented.
- SCC must document all cabin usage, both day and overnight, or we run the risk of losing our ACA lease.
You may bring a guest to the cabin:
- Guests of Sebago members are permitted to use the cabin for a maximum of 3 days or 2 nights.
- Guest use of the cabin beyond these timeframes is prohibited.
- This policy also applies to any ACA member who is not a SCC member.
- There is electricity, but no running water in the cabin.
- Running water and dish cleaning stations are located nearby.
- Kitchen, common space with dining table and chairs, and three bedrooms
- Refrigerator, stove with oven, microwave, toaster oven, coffee maker
- Pots & pans, dishes and utensils
- Outdoor picnic table and seating
- Toilets and showers are available within a short walk from the cabin.
Boat and Equipment Usage:
- Club boats are available for member use. A member may only use a maximum of two club boats for their guests at any time.
- Guests must sign a waiver if using club boats and/or equipment. Click here to sign the waiver.
- Please refer to the Sea Kayaking and Canoe for SCC use policies.
Sebago Cabin Rules:
- No one can reserve the entire cabin exclusively for a group. You must be ready to share with any SCC member or guest who may arrive.
- No member, including those with approved cabin reservations, can deny reasonable use of cabin facilities to other members and their guests, including day visitors. This includes the common & kitchen areas, refrigerator & freezer space, cooking facilities and outdoor area.
- All cooking activities are to be conducted in a timely manner to accommodate any other members who may wish to use the cabin facilities including cooking, kitchen, and refrigerator.
- All lights and sound must be lowered after 10 pm by request of any member who is also residing in the cabin.
- All users of the cabin are expected to follow reasonable standards of behavior as arrived at by common consent of the other residents at that time.
Before you leave the cabin:
- Wipe and sanitize all kitchen surfaces with an anti-bacterial cleaning product
- Wipe and sanitize microwave, toaster oven, coffee maker
- Wipe and sanitize all tables
- Empty and clean the refrigerator (inside and out)
- Leave no food items in the refrigerator, even non-perishables. If you brought it, take it!
- Empty all trash (dumpster is located in main parking lot)
- Replace a clean plastic bag in trash can
- Sweep all rooms
- Mop floors
- Lights out
- Lock Door
Outside the cabin:
- Make sure outdoor space is clean
- Wipe down plastic chairs that were used with an anti-bacterial cleaning product
- Clean grill
This is your cabin and we are counting on everyone to keep it in good condition.
Report all issues/concerns/ damages to cabin@Sebagocanoeclub.org
Staying Overnight at the cabin:
You must make a reservation to spend the night at the SCC cabin.
All overnight visitors to our Cabin at Lake Sebago must provide proof of vaccination. This requirement applies to all Club members including their family or guests over the age of five.
Proof of vaccination for all guests must be provided at the time of reservation.
Limits on overnight stays have been implemented to allow for accommodation of all SCC members. A maximum of three weekend reservations can be made in advance.
After 5pm each Wednesday rooms not booked for the upcoming weekend will be available to any member to reserve.
You can make an impromptu decision to spend a night at the cabin, although advance registrations are preferred.
Just check the availability on the calendar below.
Reservations and impromptu stays can be made via email at email@example.com
There are three bedrooms, each with two twin beds. You should bring all bedding with you, as none is provided except a mattress.
An overnight SCC member fee of $10 per person/per night is payable via PayPal with your reservation/stay. No cash is accepted.
Overnight Guest Policy:
Guest overnight fee is $20 per person/per night.
- Guests who are not ACA members are permitted to use the cabin for a maximum 1 night.
- Guests who are ACA members are permitted to use the cabin for a maximum of 2 nights.
- Overnight guest use of the cabin beyond these timeframes is prohibited.
- This policy also applies to any ACA member who is not a SCC member.
Check availability on the Cabin Calendar below.
Reservations and impromptu stays can be made via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
In your email must include the following:
- Calendar dates you wish to stay
- Names of all persons; indicating if they are a SCC member or guest
- Scanned copies of all ACA membership cards
- Scanned copies of all Vaccination cards
- Once your reservation is received all names will be listed as “pending” on the calendar.
- You will receive a PayPal invoice for your stay.
- Reservations will be approved after payment is made.
- You will receive an email confirming your reservation & room number. Your name will be updated as “paid” on the calendar’.
Sebago Cabin Availability
- To insure that space is available, we encourage all members to reserve in advance.
- If you find that your plans suddenly change and you wish to stay overnight, you must check availability on the calendar and email email@example.com
- You will subsequently be billed and responsible for all payments via PayPal.