Let the Season Begin!
We’re ready! The Clubhouse has been spruced up, sturdy new kayak racks have been built, the front gate has been repaired and has a much more user-friendly lock system, the gardeners have been tending to the grounds, our boat fleets have been inspected and repairs made, Canarsian has been launched, and impressive cosmetic upgrades are in progress at the lake cabin.
The calendar is posted! Read here! Our activity committees have been busy planning, with volunteers stepping up to lead trips, organize races and outings, and make sure that our annual liability waivers have been done. There is something happening almost every week, and more will be posted on the listserv and calendar throughout the season.
We expect to welcome approximately 50 new members this June on three new member orientations days — a shout out to all the volunteers supporting our membership outreach, ensuring that new members feel welcome.
Once again, we will be hosting three monthly Open House events and welcoming the community. We continue to work with Senator Persaud’s office, providing local youth groups the opportunity to get out on the water.
All-Club/Season Opener Saturday May 20th: Everyone is invited— whether you’re a kayaker, canoeist, sailor, rower, or landlubber — to join us on for a day of paddling and recreational racing, followed by a BBQ. Members of Yonkers and Inwood, as well as other regional clubs, will come to paddle, race, and socialize. It’s a fun way to reconnect with members, meet others interested in human-powered boating, and start off the season.
- Arrive: 9:00 a.m.
- Paddles launch: 10:00 a.m.
- Races: 1:00 p.m.
- BBQ: 1:30 p.m.
We need a headcount to make sure we have enough food, boats, and trip leaders on hand. Families welcome. $10 donation per adult.
RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
And last but certainly not least: THANK YOU! As an all-volunteer club with no paid staff, we are sustained by the efforts of our volunteers. Without the contributions of everyone’s time, expertise, and a general willingness to pitch in where needed, we would not be able to function. So, thank you one and all!
If you are looking to volunteer …
- Mark your calendars for the three Open Houses: July 15, August 12, and September 9. We will need land and on-water volunteers. Watch the listserv for sign-ups.
- Ambassador of the Day: Every weekend from Memorial Day to Labor Day our gates our open. We need 4 volunteers every weekend (in 4-hour shifts) ready to great any visitors. The perfect job for newer members. Sign up calendar will go out with the next few weeks.
- The gardens: If you’re interested in helping keep the gardens looking good, reach out to Mary Ann Hoag at email@example.com to be added to the gardening list.
- Grounds, including mowing: Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We can use people who might be available during the week to help with mowing, a job much easier if it is shared.
- Those who are regularly enjoy the Lake might want to consider volunteering to help maintain the cabin or the cabin grounds. Reach out to email@example.com.
- Watch the listserv for calls for volunteers.
- Don’t forget to log your volunteer hours under the activities tab on the website or using the QR code in the Clubhouse.
Any questions, feel free to reach out to me back channel. Hope to see you on the water.